Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Celebrity Inspired Makeup Looks...Enjoy!

So I had so much fun with my last blog post creating looks for everyone out there to try at home...I thought it would be fun for everyone to see, and try...a few celebrity inspired looks!  You do not necessarily have to look like a certain celebrity to draw inspiration for your makeup style and wardrobe...playing off of the key elements in the look can be fun! 

The most important thing to remember as always, is to keep it you!  YOU are beautiful in your own special way, that no one can touch!

For my first celebrity inspired look, I wanted to try Angelina Jolie!  With a lot of lipliner and lipgloss...I give you, my Angelina makeup look!

Makeup Look #1 Angelina Jolie



Angelina's makeup to me, is always classic, and it always seems to go with any outfit, for any event.  Her signatures are pretty much black eyeliner, and lips!  Lots of lips!  I used neutral eyeshadows in taupes and vanilla's...Black smudgeproof waterproof eyeliner from PRESTIGE COSMETICS (http://www.prestigecosmetics.com/) in my waterliner, A nude lippencil from PRESTIGE COSMETICS, and MAC COSMETICS (http://www.maccosmetics.com/) lipstick in MYTH and LIPGLASS in UNDERAGE.  With simple hair, a little smolder (I totally tried to re-recreate an "Angelina" moment there in the first pic, hehe) and lots of Lipgloss...you've got yourself an classic, Angelina look!


Makeup Look #2 Jennifer Lopez





So yes, clearly I do not resemble Jennifer Lopez.  But her makeup is always killer!  I absolutely love the way her face seems to glow, from within at her events.  For this look, I drew inspiration from the key points in Jennifer's makeup...Soft smokey warm brown eyeshadows, golds and peaches...Black and Chocolate brown eyeliners slighting in the upper lashes and in the inner water liner, tons of amazing bronzer and those nude juicy lips!  One of the things I always notice about her makeup is the contouring on the inner orbital area of the eyes.  By doing this, this creates an intense, and sexy smoke without going overboard...I did most of the contouring using my Wet N' Wild...yes, I said it...WET N' WILD (http://www.wetnwildcosmetics.com/) bronzer.  I took a class with Celebrity Makeup Artist, Sam Fine years ago (http://www.samfine.com/) , and this bronzer was one of his staples!  It has been one of mine too ever since, thank you Sam!


Makeup Look #3 Jessica Alba



Last but not least, I give you my Jessica Alba inspired look!  This look was more about the contouring, and how that can create a different look at together.  Jessica always seems to have a heavy smoke under her eyes...use MAC COSMETICS #217 Blending brush for this, it'll change your blending life!  Also, I love her in a dark lip with her hair up.  This look was so much fun to try!  I like that she tends to be somewhat daring with her looks!

I hope this post will inspire you to play with different looks!  We look at celebrities and think "they're So perfect, and their makeup is ALWAYS perfect, and they MUST have their own makeup artist on call...everyday".  Truth is some of them do, but most of them are just like you and I...With a few products and the right tools, YOU can be your very own, Makeup Artist.


Now...GO PLAY!!!!!!

Xx





2 comments:

  1. Very inspiring blog; hope more gals that love experimenting with different looks check this out! There are alot of similarities in all these beautiful women. Love the Jessica Alba look on you:) Okay, now I'm gonna go play ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish I could make myself look as good as you do!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete