Monday, October 10, 2011

Loving this look..find your beauty inspiration!

As soon as the seasons change, as a Makeup Artist..I tend to do an overhaul with my look!  Now, that doesn't mean completely changing everything about your look....just tweaking it! 


Currently I've been inspired by the pastel hair trend!  Absolutely in love with how fun, yet soft and romantic this look is!  For this post, I'm basing my inspiration off of this beautiful  look....





When some people think of purple, pink or blue hair...they tend to think old school punk rock.  That is so not the case when it comes to this look (http://www.forever21.com/) By keeping the bright colors soft, it creates almost a fantasy effect, very dreamy and romantic...Love!





For night time paired with hair like this, I love a bold, strong, dark lip.  Revlon Va Va Violet (http://www.revlon.com/) is the perfect shade of deep purple with a soft shine. 


Pairing the tint in your hair with either a deeper shade of that color, or lighter pastel creates an overall monochromatic glow.  I sometimes like to think of certain looks as a painting!  The colors you use can completely change the look, and feel of you! 





With the pastel hair, dark lip look...keeping the rest of the makeup soft and minimal is key.  I like to pair bold eyebrows and a soft lash.  Adding a pop of a brighter blush such as Nars Angelika Blush (http://www.narscosmetics.com/) pulls together the dark lip and soft hair. 




Nars Cosmetics blush in Angelika (http://www.narscosmetics.com/) is the perfect bright clean pink with a blue undertone.  You can control how intense the color is...a little swipe of it for a ethereal glow, or a bold application on temples and cheekbones to pop it up!


Lastly, topping off the look with a sheer, iridescent cream on cheekbones, bridge of nose, eyelids, temples and the collar bone look amazing!

Try Nars Cosmetics Multiple in Copacobana for a clean champagne shimmer, or luxor for a crisp iridescent shine! 


Apply the product directly onto your skin and blend with a tap of your fingers.  Again, you can control how intense you want the look too be, a little goes a long way!  At night, I like to apply on my collar bone, shoulders and legs as well, pretty amazing!




Now that is my fall inspiration!  The whole idea of beauty to me is about the freedom to play!  Embracing who we are is the most important key to being you, but also the freedom to play and create moods and feels with our looks is just so much fun! 

I encourage everyone to go out and play! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment