Saturday, January 8, 2011

The dreaded winter cold, and what products to use to get you through it...

Ok, so I am writing this from the comfort of my own bed, just me, my dog Penny.....and yes, an awful cold that I am desperately trying to beat! 

While the effects of a cold wear your body down, it also wreaks havoc on your skin!  I am currently inspired by my being sick, not being able to get a good nights rest..and the tons of other people I know, and do not know, that are dealing with the same sickness. 

Here are a few products that I am currently using, and the only products I will be using until I am healthy....

*For those chapped lips:


As soon as the cold weather hits, your lips can also take a hit.  When I came down with this terrible cold, Chapstick didn't work, Rosebud Lip Salve didn't work..then I tried Neosporin Lip Health Lip Balm.  This will not only deliver moisture like most lip balms do, this will also heal your parched lips.  Check out the Neosporin Overnight Treatment as well, for extra support!

NEOSPORIN LIP HEALTH LIP BALM $5.49 (Drugstore)
                     

* For that parched skin:
DHC Skincare Olive Essentials Mini Set $17.50
www.dhccare.com


Now, this a product that I stumbled upon years ago, and it literally transformed my skin!  DHC Skincare Olive Essentials Mini Set.  There is nothing like this set for the most dry of skin, especially during a cold.  The Cleansing Oil leaves your skin supple, and clean - without stripping your skin of what it needs.  But what really does it, is the Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Wash with the Cleansing Oil, and follow with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil (take just a drop on clean hands to warm, and gently press into the skin, day and night).  I would hold off on the toner and mild soap that it comes with for now, but they are fantastic as well.  I did not experience any break outs with this set, and it leaves my parched skin soft, supple and baby smooth.

(If you are in desperate need of some serious skin intervention, try using the everyday olive oil, just make sure that it is Extra Virgin)

* For those all important bubble baths:


California Baby is actually a line for babies!  But with the way your skin reacts to being sick, using something gentle is key.  California Baby "Colds & Flu" Aromatherapy Bubble Bath contains Eucalyptus and Douglas Fir, which will aid in helping break up congestion and has an overall calming effect.  Try the spritz as well!  There is nothing like a relaxing bubble bath when you're not feeling so hot...

California Baby "Colds & Flu" Aromatherapy Bubble Bath $13.99  (Target/target.com/health food stores)



Lastly, to nourish your dry skin, again - I recommend Yes to Carrots Delishishly Rich Body Butter!  Rich, creamy, nourishing...use this day and night to keep your skin feeling, and looking it's best.

YES TO CARROTS DELISHISHLY RICH BODY BUTTER
$12.99 (Target/CVS)

I hope this helps!  Now, I am going do the two most important things that one can do, especially when sick....drink a big glass of water, and get some sleep!

Here is one of my favorite song's that will soothe the soul, and help put you to sleep.....


Goodnight loves...

xo








2 comments:

  1. Kyle, This is such good information for everyone who's not feeling the best right now. I think this probably helped a lot of people.
    love you and get better....Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!! As a loyal Kylee Nicole Cook follower, what's a good product for fine lines and wrinkles. Also how about enlarged pores?? Help help help!!!

    ReplyDelete